It has a lot of names; rimming, ass licking, eating ass, but whatever you call it, it is the act of pleasuring the anus orally. It consists of licking, sucking, kissing, and any other pleasurable act where the tongue and mouth are used to pleasure the anus. Most things think that it is an act for gay people only, but anyone and everyone can enjoy it. You should talk to your partner about it if you fancy it. Analingus can be done as a standalone activity or as part of foreplay and men and women can give and receive it, there is no penetration, therefore, no risk of pain.
How to do it
To perform this act, a number of variations exist. The general technique is licking; licking the part of your body that’s between your buttock and genitals (otherwise called Perineum), licking the outer rim, licking the bits around the anus. You can decide to be creative and do something that is comfortable for you and your partner. To rim a person’s anus, have the person get down on a flat surface, it could be the floor or a bed on all fours. Then follow this suggestion.
- Kneel behind your partner.
- Use your hands to guide your partner’s butt to the height that provides the best angle.
- Use your hands to spread your partner’s cheeks.
- Use your tongue to work the magic.
If you are new to this act, you might be wondering what to do with your tongue. Start off slow and work your way to the ‘hole’ itself. It might be less pleasurable if you dive in straight away. Here’s what you can do: soft, light licks and kisses of the inner thighs and perineum are a great start. This would get them excited and ready for action. When you’re ready to move to the anus, use your tongue, in the same manner, you would lick an ice cream cone.
- Use long, slow licks with your tongue flat against your partner’s anus.
- Experiment with your tongue, alternating between stiffening and relaxing it.
- Try different directions, such as up and down and side to side.
- Point your tongue and push it against their anus, using enough pressure to gently penetrate.
Your tongue is not the only tool you have at your disposal. Your teeth are useful as well. Shocked? Don’t be! Most persons would prefer you refrain from having to use your teeth. Their fear is that the teeth could injure them. You have to communicate with them and seek their consent. When you have their consent to go ahead, here’s what you can do with your teeth.
- Run your front teeth lightly along the backs of their thighs and cheeks, barely grazing the skin.
- Try light, gentle nibbles, sticking to the butt cheeks where there’s enough flesh to take it.
The breath is another tool to use while rimming. Hot breath against the skin can be a real turn-on and is especially stimulating against the inner thighs and bottom. Tease your partner by getting your lips just close enough to their skin that they can feel your breath. You should try alternating with some light kissing and licking, too.
So, what about your hands?
Your hands should not be idle, it should be busy. The point is to give your partner that amount of pleasure that will leave them utterly satisfied and spent. You should use your hands to:
- Play with your partner’s nipples, gently squeezing or pulling on them.
- Rub your partner’s clitoris.
- Penetrate their vagina with your fingers.
- Stroke their penis.
- Gently squeeze and caress your partner’s scrotum.
- Caress their neck, back, or inner thighs.
- Squeeze or lightly spank their cheeks.
If you are the one receiving
In the case that you are the one on the receiving end, try
- Standing in front of a table, chair, or bed and bend over it while you kneel behind.
- Standing and bending at the waist, and hold your partner’s ankles while you kneel or crouch behind.
- Lie on their back with two pillows under their hips and their knees pulled toward their chest, while you kneel between their thighs.
- Relax and prepare to have an ecstatic adventure.
When to avoid Analingus
You should avoid receiving or giving analingus when you or partner is experiencing any of the following:
- stomach gas
- open sores, including hemorrhoids
- digestive infections
- cold sores
Be open with your partner and let them know if you are experiencing any of the above. Don’t be too embarrassed to let them know.
Health risks of Analingus
- Hepatitis A: Hepatitis A is a common viral infection that can cause inflammation of the liver and can make you feel very unwell.
- Bacterial infections: Salmonella, Shigella, E. coli, and campylobacter are all bacterial infections that can cause diarrhea, abdominal pain, and fevers, and which are also transmitted through the fecal-oral route.
- Parasitic infections: Parasitic infections such as giardiasis are also transmitted in this way, and produce similar symptoms, often requiring treatment with antibiotics.
- genital warts
Ways to protect yourself, if you are the rimmer
- Condoms: Using protection is very important for reducing your risk of becoming infected with STIs. It doesn’t take the pleasure away. Condoms are also a bonus for anyone who’s a little uneasy about direct tongue-to-anus contact.
- Dental dams: these are sheets of latex that can be placed over the anus to create a barrier.
- Tongue condoms: are sleeves worn over the tongue during oral sex.
- Regular “male” condoms: they can be modified to use as a dam and provide protection on the fly. Here’s how:
- Use sharp scissors to carefully cut the tip off the condom.
- Cut across the bottom of the condom just above the rim
- Cut down one side of the condom.
- Lay flat over the anus.
- Clean the anus before engaging in sexual activity.
- Get checked for STIs (you and your partner).
- Wash mouth before and after.
- If analingus is used as foreplay, wash the mouth thoroughly before proceeding. It might cause cross-infection when you move to the vagina or kiss without washing.
Ways to prepare for a rim job, if you are the one to be rimmed
- Get checked for STIs (you and your partner).
- Douche in advance: this is used to push water up into the anus to stimulate bowel movement.
- Wash the anus before and after.
Using a lubricant
Lubricant (lube for short) can enhance the experience and is an absolute must if anal sex is also on the agenda. Lube lets the tongue and fingers slide with the greatest of ease, which you’ll both enjoy. There are also flavored lubes and lubes specifically for rim jobs that can make things more palatable.
Landscaping is also called Waxing. This is the total removal of hairs on the butt, anal hole, genitals, legs, and other parts of the body. You might want to try this out, though it might feel uncomfortable.
Pros to consider
- Waxing the area opens the way for all the sensation. There is more sensation when there is less between the rimmie’s butt and the rimmer’s tongue.
- Being and staying clean around the anus is easier.
- Removes the worrying about how your anus looks or whether it would be a turnoff to your partner.
Cons to consider
- Skin irritation. There’s a risk of skin irritation with any hair removal method, especially in such a delicate area that may not have had any contact with a razor or wax before. If you’re going to remove the hair, give your skin time to heal before you get rimmed.
- Ingrown hairs. Regrowth can be a literal pain in the butt. As the hair grows back, you may have to contend with some itching and prickling, and maybe even painful ingrown hairs. It’s only temporary but still worth considering.
- Risk of infection. when there exposure of the skin to irritation or injury, there’s a risk of infection. If you decide to go ahead with hair removal, do it carefully and keep the area clean.